Harnett Regional Water Issues Statement Regarding COVID-19
Harnett Regional Water is committed to the health and safety of our customers and employees. We are taking the spread of COVID-19 very seriously and continue to monitor the latest local, State and Federal Guidance.
In order to minimize the spread of the virus, HRW is taking the following steps for our customers:
- HRW is suspending all water disconnections due to non-payment and late fees until the end of May 2020. We want to ensure that all of our customers have safe, clean water for washing and drinking.
- Please remember and be aware that HRW water and sewer bills are not being waived. We are simply allowing customers additional time to pay their bills without the account being disconnected or charged late fees. HRW will make every effort to work with customers affected by this crisis to get their account balances paid.
- HRW’s administrative office at 700 McKinney Parkway in Lillington, NC is closed for public access and all customers are encouraged to use other bill payment methods during this time in order to slow the potential spread of the virus. These methods include paying online, by mail, by telephone through our interactive voice response system, using the drop-box or drive-thru lanes.
- Applications for new services can be submitted online and verified through a follow up call to our staff.
- We are also suspending all services requiring employees to go inside a customer’s residence for any reason other than an emergency situation.
HRW remains fully operational and has plans in place to ensure employees will be able to continue to provide reliable, life-sustaining utility services throughout this situation.