Explore our meter project! Harnett Regional Water Meter Project See the install video!  HRW AMI INSTALL

Auto pay is convenient & worry free!  Get started with your bank draft authorization forms here to enroll in auto pay today!

Stay Connected.  Allow emails from utilitybilling.com, so you can be up-to-date with important information from HRW.


Frequently Asked Questions

What are my payment options?
  • Online: Visit Harnett Regional Online Services to make your payment. Options available are one-time and recurring payments using your credit or debit card.
  • ACH: The bank authorization printable form is located here. For the online bank authorization form click here.  Confirmation of bank information is required.
  • Phone: Payments are available 24/7 by calling (910) 893-7575. We currently accept payments by Mastercard, VISA, Discover and eCheck.
  • Online Bill Pay through your bank. Set up using a hyphen in your account number (ex. 012345-067890), vendor name (HRW) with the address as P.O. Box 1119, Lillington, NC 27546.
  • Mail with payment stub.
  • Drop Box: 700 McKinney Parkway, Lillington, NC 27546 in drive thru. Payments are posted the next business day.
  • Town of Erwin accepts payments Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
What is my account number?

Your account number is located on the top right of the bill.

My bill is high. Was my meter read correctly?

Meters are read from left to right. Some meters require that the register be multiplied by a factor to arrive at actual usage. Verify current reading on the meter and compare to current reading on the bill. If the reading is less than the reading on the bill, then it was misread. Please contact our office with the current reading for a corrected bill amount. If the reading is higher than the reading on the bill, the bill is correct and you may need to check for a leak.

How do I check for a leak?

Get the reading that is on your water meter. Refrain from water use for 4 hours then take another reading. If the reading has changed and no water was used, then a leak is present. It is the customer’s responsibility to make repairs on their side.

I had a leak repaired. Can I get an adjustment on my bill?

Yes, one leak adjustment can be given per 12 months on one bill with proper proof of repair.

I am an owner and my renter moved out. What can I do to turn service back on in my name?

An application will be required along with a copy of your ID and a deposit payment. Please click here for the application.

I made a payment recently and it doesn't reflect on my latest bill. Why?

If your payment is received after the bill date, a previous balance will be reflected. You can get up to date information over the phone by calling (910) 893-7575 and press option “1” or login here.

Why does my water look discolored? Is it safe to drink?

Water with a cloudy or milky look is caused by tiny air bubbles and should clear when sitting in a clear glass for a few minutes. You can let the water run for a short period of time to clear any bubbles from the line. If discoloration continues, please call Customer Service at (910) 893-7575. Even though water may have some discoloration it is safe to drink.

My water pressure is low. Why?
  • Low pressure can be caused by a leak on the customer side. See also FAQ, “How do I check for a leak?”
  • When water flow starts strong and drops after a few seconds, this could indicate a problem with the pressure reducing valve (PRV) on the customer line. This can be resolved by checking to see if the setting is set too low or by having it replaced.
  • If there is a water main break or hydrant being used for flushing nearby, this could also reduce pressure for a temporary period of time. In the case that the problem is due to a main line break, you and your neighbors may also experience low pressure.
When and how much do I have to pay in order to keep my water from being disconnected?

Accounts past due 15 or more days are subject to immediate disconnection with no notice given. All past due fees plus a reconnect fee of $40 will be required before service is restored. Services are restored only during business hours within two business days of the payment. There is an additional charge of $50 for same-day service.

Can I make a payment arrangement?

Yes, if you are in need of assistance, please contact our office before your disconnection date. Only three arrangements are permitted per 12 months.

I am moving. How do I discontinue my service?

You can complete the request form for disconnection of water and service on our website or call our office at (910) 893-7575 at least 2 business days prior to your disconnection date.